Hey ladies ;D
Haven't posted much lately, school is starting tomorrow...not excited about that BLEHHHH...LOL but...here's my nails all ready for Valentine's Day ;D I used Jordana ($1) Pink pearl and nail art polishes in gold and white to get this look.
Very simple and easy small strokes ;] anyone can do this...really!
Up Close and Personal C=
Onto the Haul!!!
I really really wanted to get the Coach cosmetics but I waited too long and when I went to the Coach Outlet and found these on sale...i almost jumped for joy! i was bummed when the SA told me that there were 5 different shades around christmas but they sold out like crazy...sighhh
i got two lipglosses($10each, both peony, one for backup) and one shimmering powder($20) that i swatched at the store and fell in love with.
The packaging is amazing...i've always loved their signature C look...hate the new one that they came up with though...LOL
Color is amazing....Peachy Coral with small Gold reflects...
This is a size comparison between MAC's Preciousness and Coach's Peony =] Same weight size but Coach's is slightly larger ;D if they had more shades, i would've nabbed them all!!
The shimmering powder is imensely gorgeous! it gives your cheeks/face the right highlight shimmer that looks like a real glow! got it for half price! now i really should've gotten another one!
I got three things! one Mineralize blush, one MSF, and a studio fix(which i hate cus the MUA was wrong[again] about my skincolor and she gave me C6 which is too dark on me)
MinBlush in GENTLE!!! i saw this on display, swatched it and fell in love with it so i bought it! it looks really pink but it gives just the right amount of *just pinched* color on your cheeks!
w/o flash you can see the gold undertone which is very faint since it has small silver reflects ;d
MSF in Refined - I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! it gives the perfect amount of glow to my face! new fav MSF!
I got this at the same place i got those amazing brushes ;D ICING! it was on clearance for $2.25.
I really really wanted My Private Jet Holo by OPI but i couldn't find it anywhere. When i saw this glittering in the bin, at first i thought it was the OPI but then it turns out to be Icing's own brand! it's a great dupe for MPJ since it's black with rainbow holos! it doesn't have as much holo's as MPJ though...i love this one especially for the price! but my search for MPJ shall continue!
The Boyfriend surprised me with a *Just Because* gift ♥ he knew that the camera he got me 3 years ago stopped working and i really really needed another one since my camera is my life and i loveee taking pics of everything and anything...so when it died, a part of me died with it! yea i know, so melodramatic but it's true since i almost always had my camera on me! I've been using my Sis's camera for about 2 weeks now and so he decided to get me another one! I always loved Sony's digicams and he got it....for no reason =] yea i know...*gushhhh ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥*
Old Vs New! Pale pink (old) Vs Hot pink (new) i have to say i lovee the hot pink!
It's so much more clearer and i love it to pieces! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BABE!!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! btw, i collect my name on mini license plate keychains from whereever i visited...if they have it...so far i only found four...since most places don't seem to carry them anymore...o well ;]
DONT FORGET TO ENTER GIVEAWAY! CLICK ME
ENDS FEB 14!
i still got my sephora haul to do...so until next time lovely ladies!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Hey ladies ;D
Thursday, January 14, 2010
I've been doing too many hauls haha yet i still have more to post ;D but, here's a review of my all time favorite face brushes...
They are uber affordable and they LAST FOREVER! For under $20, you get 4 high quality brushes since they are almost always buy 1 get 1 half off...
The quality is amazing...they're even better than some of the sephora brushes i've tried....these are wayyy softer and feels better on my skin...i dont like how some brushes leave you kinda scratched up...these are truly amazing
It's thick and full unlike some brushes i got from Clinique, which were thin, flimsy, and not soft at all...for $6.50 a pop, i stocked up...haha ;D
The handle is long and feels very comfortable to hold, i use mine for everything from powders to blushes...i loveeee these brushes! they are simply the most amazing deal yet noone seems to talk about them!
More Haulage! MISSHA!!!
What i got: BB Cream in No.31 (i know i'm dark -.-')($29.99), liqiud and regular concealer($5.99 EACH), and my purchase came with a free full size 4 in 1 BB cream($19.99) =] Let me know if you guys want a review on the white package one(4in1) and i'll do one after i try it out ;D
I also got the Illuminating Essence($7.00 clearance) which clears dark spots and helps return to your natural skin tone...hmm gotta try it haha ;s Plus i got a free deluxe sampler with purchase ;D so much free stuff ;D haha
Lately, after trying my mom's shishedo sheet masks, I've fallen in love and I bought ALOT from Missha since i heard they were really good!
Botanic Garden Colleciton i got the bamboo, acerola, and Tomato! ONLY $0.90 EACH!
Pure Source I got Lemon, Raspberry, Green Tea, Honey and Aloe! ONLY $2 EACH!!! It also came with a free mini toner and cleanser, plus a free mini mirror for your cell phone ;D Shipipng was amazing, it came in less than 4 days with processing ;] I'm a happy camper!~
With my new found sheet mask love, I ventured out to Little Chinatown right here in Brooklyn and found this little store selling these My Beauty Diary Masks ;D LIMITED EDITIONS ARE MY FAVORITE!!
This special pack was what i was looking for...i wanted to try this brand after hearing rave reviews and it came with one of some of their basic sheet masks...
Aloe, Bulgarian White Rose, Red Vine, Black Pearl, Pearl Powder, Strawberry Yogurt, and Japanese Cherry Blossom =] yay! They smell divine C=
I also picked up these Bihada Masks in Sara(pink), Triple Moist(Yellow with 2 girls), Rumiko(Beige), and Saki(Periwinkle). I've never tried these but they were highly recommended ^^
Onto tidbits of my personal life, i miss my boyfriend terribly. He went back to SoCal to visit his mom for a week. Haha yet i miss him so much...i wonder how san fran is right now? Babes, stay safe, and as always, I'll Love you forever ♥ lol he looks so dorky in this pic...but he's so husky in real life ^^i gush about him alot to my friends because he is truly one amazing boyfriend...hehe tell you ladies in the future about our story =] it truly sounds like fiction, what i call my life...because our story is like something out of a fairy tale ♥
So until next time Loves, Take Care! I got a MAJOR sephora haul coming up...plus what my fav Christmas presents were...haha late i know but better than never ;]
Posted by GirlAboutTown at 8:02 PM
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
1. Where is your cell phone? On my desk..LOL
2. Your hair? Untamed and Uncut! i need a cut and color...sighhh no time
3. Your Mother? Best mom in the world...she makes me feel so loved and she's always supportive of me even though i make the dumbest mistakes sometimes...cus i dont watch what i say.
4.Your Father? Doesn't really show his affectiong towards us (me and sis) but we know he really loves and cares about us. yea i got one heck of a family =]♥
5. Your favorite food? ITALIAN! =]
6. Your dream last night? I dreamt that the boyfriend actually listened to me and got a mohawk...sighhhhh
7. Your favorite drink? Sprite Zero....i could chug a case all by myself ;x
8. Your dream/goal? Fashion/Events Marketer! haha will graduate with a BBA in Advertisement and Marketing Communications soon! Need to find that lucrative job!
9. What room are you in? My new bedroom...sis moved out...haha more on that later!
10. Your hobby? scrapbooking, shopping, and duhhh makeup!
11. Your fear? the dark....LOL yea i hate the dark makes it hard to sleep sometimes!
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? On Madison or 5th ave working in some nice marketing firm on the Upper East Side! =] haha a girl can dream can't she?
13. Where were you last night? I'll tell you where i'll be tonight! PICNIC GARDEN AGAIN! hahah i love korean BBQ especially since it's all you can eat!!! =]
14. Something that you aren't? Brutally honest. I tend to make alot of sarcastic remarks but people around me are used to it so they are never offended. i hope hahah ;9
15. Muffins? Hate them with a passion.
16. Wish list item? don't really have a wish list...kinda buy on impluse whenever i want something...LOL but i would love the YSL holiday clutch set...HAHA cannot find that anywhere!!
17. Where did you grow up? Brooklyn NY
18. Last thing you did? Woke up.
19. What are you wearing? Nothing. Butt Nekid....haha j/k...or am i?
20. Your TV? in my kitchen since i'm reorganizing my room...will bring it back in soon...
21. Your Pets? a little shih tzu named Teeny ;]
22. Friends? Only got the bestest!
23. Your Life? God has blessed me =] i can't complain
24. Your Mood? Excited! Date Day today with the BF...Going to Grimaldi's for Lunch and then driving to Queens Center Mall...then going to Picnic Garden ;D
26. Vehicle? A Silver BMW with Black Drop Top and Gray Leather Interior...That's how we Roll ;D
27. Something you're not wearing? Nothing...Butt Nekid....haha JK ....or am i?
28. Your favorite store? Forever 21 =]
29. Your favorite color? Pink =] Yes i'm a girly girl...
30. When was the last time you laughed? I laugh alot...haha probably why i have these laugh lines on my face at 21...LOL
31. Last time you cried? Tis better to laugh than cry =]
32. Your best friend? My two bestest besties in the world and of course the one who showed me unconditional love and support, my bf...*gushhh
33. One place that I go to over and over? uhhh......
34. Facebook? 24/7 =] Add me ;D Katie Kay C @ Baruch College
35. Favorite place to eat? LOOOOOVEEE Mozzarellis in midtown and anywhere with good food...LOVEEEE FOOD!!! hence the love handles hahah ;x
It's crappy quality cus my camera broke and the Adobe Photoshop is on my sis's computer and she took that when she moved out! sigh
My set of Frisky Business is showed...but on the left side is the winner's set =]
That's the limited edition French Connection Polish in Soho Stilletto =] only cus i love the readers of my blog ;D Can't find it anywhere! =]
New Rules and Regulations! haha sounding official ;x
Contest Ends : February 14TH at 12:00 PM Eastern!
Rules: MUST COMMENT ON THIS ENTRY!!!!!
MUST BE A FOLLOWER!! new or old doesn't matter =] as long as you read my bloggie ;D
Now onto the Haulage! =]
Went to the MAC PRO store on 22nd in Manhattan and finally found Prive!!!! =] soooo excited almost kissed the MUA haha ;d i loveeee this color! it was their last one and i snatched it up!
They had all these lippies on sale...plus the Loreal Bare Natural mineral eye shadows on sale...they are all less than $4. Originally like $7-10...good sale ;D the one on the left i got from CVS...haha a while ago...and i lovedddd it so i got more when i saw them on sale at walgreens ;D
Boots from Walmart...got this near my job in Jersey since they DONT HAVE WALMART IN NYC!!! sighhh but these were only $25 and they are sooo comfy like stepping on clouds ;D haha maybe a little exagerating but...yea...hahaha ;x
LEAVE YOU GUYS WITH SOMETHING TO BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY HAHA ;X
We went to walmart and i see this tiny tiny bunkbed...so i ask the bf...what is that for? he goes...it must be for LITTLE PEOPLE!! loll......we went up to it and we started to crack up since it's a model for how the real bed is supposed to look like...i have the silliest bf in the world ♥
Until Next time loves
Posted by GirlAboutTown at 10:51 AM